Below is the plan for all of the July Legacy Marching Band In-Person practices. There are several things that all students and parents should be aware of (students make sure you show this plan to your parents). Make sure you read through this WHOLE POST!
1. Students and parents are required to read and sign the wavier form here (Spanish version here). Students will not be allowed to participate in in-person practices unless we have received this waiver form. Students will be sent home if we do not have a copy of this signed form. Please bring it on Monday, July 13th filled out to submit before your 1st In-Person sectional.
2. All activities will be strictly voluntary; participation cannot be required or mandatory. However, students must notify Mr. Stansberry before July 13th if they will not participate in the In-Person practices. If a student does not come to the In-Person practice, they must be on the Zoom meeting during the time their section will be practicing so they do not miss the information. Students not participating in the In-Person practices may also be required to submit videos of their marching and playing so that individual feedback can be given to the student.
3. If anyone is going to be absent, they must send Mr. Stansberry an email before the practice.
4. Appropriate physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
5. All students, including coaches/sponsors will go through a home health screening and a temperature check using the form at the following link prior to each workout/meeting.
Student Health Self-Screening Log: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nJPqHbU7saR8frKSt4FHVJzIGzRlIZqLVcwab1S2zZw/edit
a. If a student’s temperature is 100.4 or above the student will be sent home. Any person with COVID 19 related symptoms will not be allowed to take part in the workout. Students will not be allowed to return to participate until they are symptom-free for seventy-two hours without the use of fever-reducing medications and ten days have passed since their first symptom unless they have medical clearance from a medical provider.
b. Any individual who has had close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID 19 will not be permitted to participate in any school-sponsored athletic programs for 14 days. Any individual who has had close contact with a person who has COVID 19 symptoms and is in the process of getting tested or awaiting test results shall quarantine for 14 days or until the test results come back negative.
6. Face masks are not required during physical activity. However, when walking to/from cars and parking lots to practice sites as well as standing around and talking to coaches about instruction or exercises/workouts then all students and coaches and sponsors need to have a mask on. Please see information on the District’s protocol regarding student face coverings at this link.
7. No family members or guests will be permitted at these marching band practices.
8. Students will be required to depart the district facilities immediately after their scheduled practice time.
9. Coaches, sponsors and students will be asked to bring their own hand sanitizer to the practices as well as their own water bottle. No sharing or using water fountains or other sources of water/fluids/beverages.
10. The restrooms inside Legacy will be available, but no more than 3 students in the restroom at a time.
11. Students should bring their own music stands. If students do not have their own music stand, they may use one of Legacy’s, but they are responsible for bringing sanitization wipes to sanitize the stand after using it.
12. Students should also make sure they are dressed appropriately. No heavy clothes. Make sure students wear hats and sunglasses and have applied sunscreen and have their own water bottle.
13. Students AND Parents should only park in the South park of the student (west) parking lot. Do not park in the drive through area of Legacy due to Food/Nutrition Services Meal distribution.
Here is the plan for July 13, 14, 15, 20 and 27:
Zone 1 – North Student Parking Lot and Gazebo
Zone 2 – South Student Parking Lot and Grass Field
8:00 AM – 9:30 AM Flutes (8:00-8:45 Visual; 8:45-9:30 Music) – Zone 1
8:15 AM – 9:45 AM Trumpets (8:15-9:00 Music; 9:00-9:45 Visual) – Zone 2
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM Front Ensemble Group 1 (Inside – Band Room)
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM Clarinets (10:00-10:45 Visual; 10:45-11:30 Music) – Zone 1
10:15 AM – 11:45 AM Mellophones and Baritones (10:15-11:00 Music; 11:00-11:45 Visual) – Zone 2
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM Front Ensemble Group 2 (Inside – Band Room)
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM Saxophones and Bass Clarinets (12:00-12:45 Visual; 12:45-1:30 Music) – Zone 1
12:15 PM – 1:45 PM Trombones and Sousaphones (12:15-1:00 Music; 1:00-1:45 Visual) – Zone 2
12:30 PM – 2:00 PM Percussion Battery – Turf Field
2:15 PM – 3:45 PM Color Guard – Zone 1
See you in a couple of weeks!