Dear Legacy Band Families,
I apologize that it has taken so long to get this update to you. I have been waiting to hear from the district concerning their policies moving forward for travel. I recently heard from the District and unfortunately, they have let me know that “in order to prioritize the safety of students, parent chaperones, and staff, the district has decided to cancel all student activity travel during the first semester.” In addition to the district’s decision, we are still unsure about air travel, hotel rooms, bus travel and policies, social distancing and quarantining in Hawaii, and if the parade will happen. As well, there is too much risk associated in making deposits for this trip and not receiving full refunds if the trip is canceled later. Unfortunately, the right decision to make at this point is to cancel the trip. All deposits made up until this point will be refunded in full. The finance team will process all of these refunds and will be in touch concerning this procedure. I apologize that we have had to make this difficult decision, but it is the right decision for the current situation. Thank you all for understanding.