Dear Parents/Guardians of the Legacy Lightning Marching Band,
As I hope your student told you and that you saw, marching band has been given permission to proceed and will start tomorrow, Thursday, September 10th. Please see below for the information that was posted to Schoology this evening. Please email me if you have any questions. Thank you all for your continued support!
Here is the plan for In-Person Marching Band Practices starting Thursday, September 10th. The schedule below is subject to change depending on availability of facilities. All practices will be held at Legacy High School unless otherwise announced. All dates at times for practices are listed on the Legacy Band Website Calendar and are subject to change (as much advanced notice will be given as possible).
Cohort 1 – Flute, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax
Cohort 2 – Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Bari Sax
Cohort 3 – Trumpets and Mellophones
Cohort 4 – Trombones, Baritones, Sousaphones
Cohort 5 – Percussion
Cohort 6 – Color Guard
Schedule (subject to change – please keep 4:30 – 7:30 open on Tuesdays and Thursdays moving forward):
4:30 – 6:00 Cohort 3 – High Brass (Side 1) and Cohort 4 – Low Brass (Side 2 – North) – North Parking Lot
6:00 – 7:30 Cohort 1 – WW (Side 1) and Cohort 2 WW (Side 2) – North Parking Lot
5:00 – 7:00 Cohort 5 – All Percussion (Outside Band Room and Parking Lot in front of the school) and Cohort 6 – Color Guard (Gazebo)
Also, here are some reminders for this Thursday and every Rehearsal moving forward:
1. Please see the NEW Self-Screening FORM at this Link: https://forms.gle/8ZcyB2d3nEJTbyJ67
2. ALL students MUST fill out the NEW Self-Screening FORM BEFORE YOU COME TO PRACTICE. Mr. Stansberry will check to see if you have filled out this form on a daily basis.
3. No family members or guests will be permitted at workouts/meetings.
4. Students will be required to depart the district facilities immediately after their scheduled workouts/meetings. NO MINGLING BEFORE OR AFTER PRACTICE – ALWAYS MAINTAIN 6-FOOT SOCIAL DISTANCING.
5. Students must wear a mask at all times, whether inside or outside (unless playing). Students should put their mask on anytime they are not playing.
6. All COVID guidelines must be followed, including but not limited to masks, daily COVID screening, space capacity limits, sanitation requirements, and social distancing guidelines.
7. Bad Weather Plan: We will move inside to an area large enough to accommodate social distancing for the groups if available (i.e. Large Gym/Auditorium). If a large enough area is not available, students who drive will be permitted to leave and students who do not drive will get in touch with their parents to come and get them as soon as possible. Students MUST wear a mask in order to enter the building. And, as a reminder, each student MUST have a mask with them during practices. Any students who arrive without a mask will be sent home.
8. If anyone is going to be absent, they must send Mr. Stansberry an email before the practice and note the reason why (only Family Emergencies, Sickness, or School-Related Activities will be excused).
9. Appropriate physical distancing of 6 feet must be maintained at all times.
10. Students are asked to bring their own hand sanitizer to the practices as well as their own water bottle. No sharing or using water fountains or other sources of water/fluids/beverages.
11. The restrooms inside Legacy will be available, but no more than 3 students in the restroom at a time.
12. Students should bring their own music stands. If students do not have their own music stand, they may use one of Legacy’s, but it will need to be sanitized after use.
13. Students should also make sure they are dressed appropriately. No heavy clothes. Make sure students wear hats and sunglasses and have applied sunscreen and have their own water bottle.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!!!