Hello Band and Color Guard Families,
Thank you for all your amazing efforts at fundraising this past year and thank you to everyone who provided feedback on the fundraising survey in April. I wanted to provide an update about our last two fundraisers of the 2021-2022 school year and give some information about what’s planned for the coming school year. The Rock Your Socks fundraiser raised $1,420 toward student’s fundraising goal (FRG) and we received 138 pairs of socks to donate to A Precious Child. The Mattress Fundraiser in April raised $6,700 for the General Band Fund. Thank you to all the students who donated time to promote the sale and for everyone who showed up to shop!
For the 2022-2023 school year, we’ve moved up some fundraisers earlier in the year to help with paying for the Indy trip and meeting student FRG’s.
2022-2023 Fundraiser Schedule:
- July – Palisade Peaches and salsa (goes toward FRG/Trip cost): This popular fundraiser is one of our largest every year. Students receive order forms at the mid-July band camp and orders and money will be due July 28th. Peaches and salsa are delivered mid/late August. We should have pricing from the grower by the Show Reveal on Monday June 6th.
- August (date TBD) – Tag Day (General Band Fund): Students and chaperones will go to neighborhoods around Legacy after a band practice to invite them to upcoming band events, let them know about the Grand Nationals band trip and collect donations.
- August-September– Snap Raise (FRG/Trip): This is a 28-day digital donation-only fundraiser that works great for family and friends that live out of state but still want to support your band student. Students who participated last year raised an average of $250 toward their FRG.
- September 13th (date changed) – College Planning Seminar in the Legacy Auditorium (FRG/Trip): Families get valuable information about planning and paying for college. Students will earn $50 for each adult that attends.
- September 24th – Legacy Band Festival (General Band Fund)
- October – Butter Braids and Evergreen Wreaths (FRG/student ledger)
- December – Holiday Craft Fair with concessions (General Band Fund)
- February – Faculty Showcase and Silent Auction (General Band Fund)
- March – See’s Candies (FRG/student ledger)
- April -Mattress Sale (General Band Fund)
We have also applied for an In-N-Out cookout fundraiser which would happen in August or early September if our application is selected. If your company has a donation program or corporate match program, we’d love to connect with you about it. There are a few other fundraisers that are being considered so stay tuned. Please reach out with any questions to Susan Shuyler and Alicia Hahn, email@example.com.
Also, don’t forget about the Raise Right program (formerly Scrip) which is a super easy way to earn money toward trip costs and your FRG. Please contact Cheryln Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about how to sign up or use the Raise Right App.
Thanks and have a wonderful summer!