10657 Melody Drive
Northglenn CO 80234
￼Bingo Volunteer Opportunities:
The Legacy High School Bands provide volunteer workers every Friday evening for two sessions of bingo at The Bingo Oasis, a bingo hall in Northglenn. The first session begins at 7:30p.m. and the second session begins at 10:00p.m. The work is easy and fun! We sell bingo cards and pickles (pull-tab games), call the session, pay the winners and do light clean-up. We ask that volunteers arrive by 5:45p.m. wearing a band polo (or show shirt) and khaki’s and stay for both sessions. We can usually start letting volunteers go home at about 11:30 with some needing to stay until midnight (depending on how long the session runs).
We have divided the sign up responsibility into band sections. Below you will find the link to SignUp Genius to sign up for the General Volunteer positions. You will receive a reminder from the SignUp Genius website to the email that you used to register for SignUp Genius the week that you are signed up to volunteer. PLEASE plan on showing up to volunteer. When you have signed up we are going to be counting on you to be there. If you cannot volunteer for whatever reason, please contact us so we can find another volunteer to take your spot.
In addition to the General Volunteer positions, there are 4 other jobs you can sign up for (see descriptions below). Please note that these positions require a little bit of training before volunteering for the first time. If you are interested in being trained for one of the positions (most training can be done within the session) please let one of the Games Managers know.
Here are a few general notes about volunteering for bingo:
- You must be 14 to volunteer for bingo
- The Bingo Hall has requested no outside food be brought it – they have a concession stand that sells a lot of different items and you will have time for a break during the evening
If you haven’t signed up with SignUp Genius before, you will need to register first, and then you can access the sign up at any time to change or add a sign up here: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0B4EABA62C7-legacy
Volunteer Positions that require additional training are:
- Games Manager: Responsible for running the bingo sessions including directing volunteers in their roles and balancing the session at the end of the night. This role requires completing a training course and a Games Manager certification test (available online through the Secretary of State’s Bingo and Raffles website)
- Caller: Responsible for “calling” the bingo sessions using an electronic bingo calling system. This role requires some training, which can be obtained by sitting with a current caller during one or more sessions.
- Register Lead: Responsible for running of cash registers as well as counting the cash drawers after the bingo games have started. Training for this can be accomplished during a bingo session.
- Cashier: Responsible for recording the money that is going into and out of the bingo and pull-tab banks as the various bingo games and pull tabs are sold during the sessions. The training for this role can be accomplished during a bingo session.
If you are interested in being trained for one of the positions (most training can be done within the session) please let one of the Games Managers know.
If you have any questions regarding Bingo or the SignUp Genius please contact David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer for BINGO: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b4eaba62c7-legacy